Six dead, four injured in Kabul explosion
09 September, 2012
KABUL: A suicide bombing in Kabul city on Saturday killed six civilians and injured four more, officials said.An interior ministry press release stated a suicide bomber detonated in Shash Dark area in the limits of 10th police station in Kabul city, killing minors among six civilians and injuring four more.Earlier, the Kabul deputy police chief General Muhammad Daud Amin told the Afghan Islamic Press a 12-year youth conducted the attack in Ansari Waat area Shash Dark.
He said ISAF headquarters, US and Italian embassies, Ministry of Transport, National Radio Television and some other official and unofficial organisations existed in the area. There has been no report about casualties to Afghan and foreign forces in the attack so far.Claiming responsibility for the attack, the Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told the Afghan Islamic Press a Taliban fighter Muhammad Abbas conducted the attack on US intelligence agency in Shash Dark area.
He claimed five high-ranking US officers were killed and two more critically injured in the attack.The Taliban spokesman rejected the claims of officials that the attacker was a 12-year youth. He added the 28-year Muhammad Abbas, resident of Logar province, conducted the attack.
Meanwhile, an Afghan army soldier and three police were killed during separate attacks in northern Kunduz province, police and local officials said Saturday.A vehicle of Afghan National Army struck a roadside bomb in Janat Bagh area yesterday's afternoon, leaving a soldier dead and four wounded, Habib-ur-Rahman, police chief of Kunduz's Khanabad district, told AIP.He said the ANA vehicle was also destroyed in the explosion.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told AIP that the roadside bomb attack was mounted by Taliban, killing six Afghan troops.In another development, Taliban ambushed police near the headquarters of Dasht-e-Archi district, killing two cops, district governor Sheikh Saaduddin told Afghan Islamic Press.
He said several policemen were also injured in the attack but were in stable condition.Mujahid claimed responsibility for the attack and said a commander, Muhammad Sadeq, among three troops were killed and several weapons were seized by Taliban after the ambush.
In another attack, he said, Taliban shot dead a commander of government forces, Dilawar, in Gulam Nawa area of the same district.There was no word by local authorities on the Taliban claim.Meanwhile, a clash took place between police and an illegal armed group in Kobi area, limits of Kunduz City, leaving two cops dead yesterday, said Ghulam Muhammad Farhad, security chief of Kunduz province.A few days ago, US funded local police killed 15 civilains in Kunduz province.