Pakistan News Service

Wednesday Dec 19, 2018, Rabi-al-thani 10, 1440 Hijri
Logo
LATEST :
Pakistan News Home -> Top -> News Details

SEPCO launched operation against electricity theft and defaulters

14 November, 2018

  Related News  
COAS presided over corps commanders meeting
Pakistan sought help from EC for IMF
  More on this View All

LARKANA:  The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of SEPCO Saeed Ahmed Dawach, has informed on Tuesday that a grand operation has been launched against electricity theft and defaulters.

While addressing the media persons Dawach said that SEPCO is a commercial company, we procure electricity and then sell it to our consumers but we suffer huge losses due to massive theft which is borne by the company.

“SEPCO is facing 36% losses out of which 19% are because of an outdated distribution system and 17% loses are due to Sepco employees and power thieves,” he added.

He further disclosed that recovery in Sepco is up to 60% and the new federal government wants to improve Sepco which is why the grand operation has been launched.

The CEO went on saying that to avoid wrong meter reading, wrong billing, and the wrong detection, at least 10,000 meters have been provided alone in Larkana office.

The CEO told the media that he has instructed the Superintending Engineer and Executive Engineers to listen to the consumer complaints against over-reading, low voltage, and illegal detection bills and for achieving this purpose they are directed to organize open-courts in different areas of their jurisdictions.

Dawach said that the company aims to eliminate Kunda culture.

CEO alleged that theft of electricity in Sepco is on the right side of Indus River adding that at least 93 billion rupees are outstanding against consumers, out of which 90 billion rupees are against domestic consumers, two billion against commercial users and one billion against industrial connections for which actions are underway to realize the amount.

He further disclosed that no arrears are outstanding against Sindh Government and its any department.

Dawach claimed that the company is going to introduce new latest billing system along with Sindh Government under which meters will be installed which will tell the reading themselves and services of meters readers will not be required for which Sindh Government & Sepco will bear the costs of these meters.

Almost 50 feeders were destroyed during the megaflood of 2010 and the company have spent Rs:400 million on their repair last year and hoped other feeders will also be repaired during the current fiscal year, he added.

The CEO further said that at least 300 new Pole Mounted Transformers (PMTs) were installed and the concerned department is being requested for the installation of 200 more PMTs in different areas.

Sepco CEO confessed that his officers and employees are involved in a massive theft of electricity for which he claimed stern actions will be taken against those found guilty.

 What do you think about the story ? Leave your comments!

Heading (Optional)
Your Comments: *

Your Name:*
E-mail (Optional):
City (Optional):
Country (Optional):
 
 
Field marked(*) are mandatory.
Note. The PakTribune will publish as many comments as possible but cannot guarantee publication of all. PakTribune keeps its rights reserved to edit the comments for reasons of clarity, brevity and morality. The external links like http:// https:// etc... are not allowed for the time being to be posted inside comments to discourage spammers.

  Speak Out View All
Military Courts
Imran - Qadri long march
 
Candid Corner
Exclusive by
Lt. Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)
Pakistan itself a victim of state-sponsored terrorism: Qamar Bajwa
Should You Try Napping During the Workday?
Suggested Sites