Pakistan summoned India deputy high commissioner
05 September, 2017
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Monday summoned India’s deputy high commissioner over the continued ceasefire violations by Indian troops along the Line of Control (LoC). SA and SAARC Director General Dr Muhammad Faisal summoned Indian Deputy High Commissioner JP Singh and condemned the unprovoked ceasefire violations by the Indian occupation forces in Chirikot Sector (Kakuta, Nullah and Polas villages), resulting in the death of an eight-year-old girl, Momina, a resident of village Polas.
“Despite calls for restraint, India continues to indulge in ceasefire violations. In 2017 to date, Indian forces have carried out more than 700 ceasefire violations along the Line of Control and the Working Boundary, resulting in the shahadats of 30 innocent civilians and injuries to 113, as compared to 382 ceasefire violations in 2016,” the DG said. “The deliberate targeting of civilians is indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity and international human rights and humanitarian laws,” the DG said.
The director general urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 ceasefire arrangement; investigate the incidents of ceasefire violations; instruct the Indian forces to respect the ceasefire, in letter and spirit and maintain peace on the LoC.
The Pakistani girl had been killed on Saturday after she was hit in the head by a bullet fired by Indian troops across the LoC. “The girl was walking outside her house when a lone bullet fired by Indian troops pierced through her head,” officials said. The girl was rushed to hospital, but died on the way.