PML-N announces election manifesto
08 March, 2013
LAHORE: The Pakistna Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), President Muhammad Nawaz Sharif on Thursday announced its election manifesto here at the Lahore Press Club.
The PML-N President Nawaz Sharif said that his party would raise minimum wages of labour to Rs 15,000 after coming into power.
Announcing the party's election manifesto, Nawaz said that his government would end the energy crisis in two years by generating 5,000 MW electricity through coal.
The PML-N president also pledged that his party would conduct local bodies' elections within six months of coming into power.
He also announced tax reforms‚ increase in literacy rate and an independent foreign policy.
Nawaz Sharif said that his party's election manifesto is not based upon promises but on reality.
Following is the features of manifesto:
1) Double the annual average rate of GDP Growth from 3% in the last 5 years to over 6% in the next 5 years.
2) Accelerate the rate of industrial growth from 3 to 8 percent per annum. 2) Raise Investment GDP Ratio from 12 to 20% in the next 5 years.
3) Bring down budget deficit to 4% of GDP.
4) Increase Tax GDP ratio from 9 to 15% by 2018.
5) Provide, in cooperation with the private sector, 1000 clusters of 500 houses each for low income families in different party of the country.
6) Generate 10,000 MW additional electricity including 5000 MW new coal fired power plants under IPP mode.
7) Mobilize fresh investment of $ 20 billion for power plants and related infrastructures.
8) Progressively reducing transmission and distribution losses to 10%.
III. Agriculture & Food Security
9) Accelerate agricultural growth to an average of 4% per annum, as an important component of a comprehensive national food security strategy.
10) Raise total spending on 'non pension' social security from 1% of GDP to 2% by 2018.
11) Total expenditure on education to increase from 2 to 4% of GDP by 2018.
12) 100% enrollment of boys and girls by 2020 in line with the requirements of Article 25-A of the Constitution which makes "right to education" a fundamental right through Education Emergency.
13) Raise the overall literacy level from 54% to 80% in the shortest possible time.
14) Science laboratories and computer labs in all Government Secondary Schools.
15) Danish Schools will be set up in all Provinces.
16) Girls High School in every Union Council
17) Establishing District Education Authorities
18) Laptops for students in public universities on merit
19) Education Endowment Fund will be set up in all provinces for award of merit scholarships to needy students from low income families.
20) Expenditure on education to increase from 2 to 4% of GDP by 2018.
21) Expenditure on health to be increased from 1% of GDP to 2% by 2018.
22) Medical Insurance Card to every family for basic health care at subsidized rates, as a part of comprehensive national Insurance Service.
23) Within 5 years, 100% vaccination of children, 50% reduction in maternal and infant mortality and 10% reduction in the rate of population growth.
24) Each District will have at least one hospital with diagnostic facilities and required specialists.
25) 1000 mobile health units will be launched to provide basic health facilities to remote areas.
26) Establishing District Health Authority in each district
VI. Information Technology
27) Introduce and integrate I.C.T. in all Ministries and Departments and in other major sectors like Banking and Trade.
28) Establish 500 I.C.T. Centers in smaller cities and town to reduce the knowledge gap and break rural isolation.
29) Promote local software industry to generate annual exports of at least $ 10 billion by 2020.
30) New employment opportunities will be provided to over 3 million persons in public and private sectors including one million in the IT Sector and one million in SME Sector.
31) Minimum wage for workers will be gradually increased to Rs.15000 per month.
VIII. Overseas Pakistanis
32) At least 50% of annual remittances of $ 12 billion will be converted into productive investment through special products and financial instruments and a certain percentage of public offerings of all new floatations will be reserved for overseas Pakistanis.