Operation in North Waziristan decided: Fazl
13 June, 2014
ISLAMABAD: The chief of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl, Maulana Fazlur Rehman, has said that the decision to launch a full-fledged operation in North Waziristan Agency (NWA) had been taken and feared that action would start soon.
He expressed dismay that all his efforts for bringing peace in the country had gone down the drain. He said that he had been extremely disappointed with the situation in the country."We are disappointed politically during the present government's tenure. The prospects for positive political changes are there in the coming days. But in the present political scenario, I have been extremely disappointed with the future of the country," he said while talking to media men outside the Parliament House here on Thursday.
The government had launched the talks process for elimination of terrorism, he said adding the JUI-F had joined hands with the government to make the future of the country bright. But different committees and Jirgas were formed, which dealt a serious blow to the talks process, he underlined.
The peace talks proved a mere stunt, he remarked. The establishment had decided to launch an operation against the terrorists in Waziristan, he added. The government was enacting the drama of talks, he remarked.
"The JUI-F will not go to the prime minister on the issue of law and order situation in the country," he said and added, "The PM can come to us if he so desires and we will extend full cooperation to him."
Responding to a question, he said his party had nothing to do with the issue of Pervez Musharraf, whether he should leave or stay in the country. "The ball is in the court of the government," he said.
He stated that Tahirul Qadri had already seen his political future in Pakistan. He was a citizen of Pakistan and it made no difference if he came to Pakistan or otherwise. Participating in national politics was his right and he should not be stopped, he remarked.