Pakistan News Service

Monday Nov 20, 2017, Rabi-al-awwal 1, 1439 Hijri
Logo Logo
LATEST :
Pakistan News Home -> Top -> News Details

Nawaz days as PM are numbered: Imran

15 September, 2014

  Related News  
Imran says will not rest until PM is 'out'
Pakistan can't afford 'politics of negativity' anymore: PM Nawaz
  Related Articles  
The litmus test for Nawaz
By Asif Ezdi
Imran Khan's Metaphor 'Tsunami' is a Misnomer
By Saeed Qureshi
  Related Speakout  
Disqualification References
  More on this View All

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan on Sunday predicted that Nawaz Sharif's days in power were numbered and the country would soon be freed from 'rule of tyranny'.

Imran's speech to the PTI activists contained the highly satirical and repeated references, remarks and comments from his speeches from the recent days. The PTI chairman likened the PM to an injured deer, who, according to him, was on the run in a bid to escape a horrible end.

"This movement is not only about sending Nawaz Sharif packing. He has already gone. This protest movement is about new Pakistan that has started coming into being. I can see that the whole nation is ever alive, up and enthusiastic to usher into new Pakistan," Khan said.

His struggle, the PTI head said, was not against the PM's personality, but his mentality.

The skipper slammed the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) for its notable failure and negligence to play an effective role in curbing rigging in May 2013 polls. He mentioned the Balochistan Election Commission, saying that it failed even to verify only 61 votes, which clearly and unduly favoured Fazlur Rehman.

"Is democracy derailed by free and fail elections or by poll rigging?" he asked while reiterating that the corrupt bosses at the ECP would be shown the door and held accountable once the PTI came to power.

Referring to the sorry state of affairs Pakistan was governed in, he said 30 percent or 60 million of the total 180 million Pakistanis were deprived of two-time meals.

More than 31 percent children under five-year of age were underweight. More than 44 percent children were malnourished or faced with stagnant growth. Pakistan, according to Imran, had highest child mortality rate and the government was spending only 30 percent on health. The remaining 70 percent was coming from the private sector, mainly from philanthropists. More than 5.5 million children are out of school, Imran said.

"And they are making metros and underpasses! Nawaz Sharif, shame on you, your aristocratic style of ruling this country and your courtiers. In the entire world, Nigeria is the only country that lags behind Pakistan in terms of government spending on health sector. What can be more shameful than that?"

Khan apologised to the people of Sindh and Balochistan for not visiting them. "First, let me get his (PM Sharif's) resignation then I'll visit you for sure."

The abject poverty in Sindh and Balochistan was unprecedented compared to the rest of Pakistan, the PTI chief said.

In his message to the people of Karachi, Imran khan said, "Karachiites! Get ready, tsunami is coming!"

He thanked the Islamabad High Court (IHC) for ordering the release of all the detained activists of PTI. He accused Islamabad police of 'mercilessly and inhumanly' torturing the PTI workers in detention. Addressing top cops Mushtaq Sukhera and Tahir Alam, Khan again threatened, "I will not spare you and make you pay through nose for what you have done to my people."

Imran Khan claimed that the PTI's local government model would self empower the rural communities or villages and would bring democracy at the grass root level to bring social equality and eliminate rich, poor and urban, rural divide. We are out to represent the people and we will ensure real public representation in the PTI's LG system model.

End.

 What do you think about the story ? Leave your comments!

Heading (Optional)
Your Comments: *

Your Name:*
E-mail (Optional):
City (Optional):
Country (Optional):
 
 
Field marked(*) are mandatory.
Note. The PakTribune will publish as many comments as possible but cannot guarantee publication of all. PakTribune keeps its rights reserved to edit the comments for reasons of clarity, brevity and morality. The external links like http:// https:// etc... are not allowed for the time being to be posted inside comments to discourage spammers.

  Speak Out View All
Military Courts
Imran - Qadri long march
 
Candid Corner
Exclusive by
Lt. Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)
Pakistan itself a victim of state-sponsored terrorism: Qamar Bajwa
Should You Try Napping During the Workday?
Suggested Sites