NAB, FBR get 15 days for progress in missing containers case
02 October, 2012
ISLAMABAD: Resuming the hearing on fortnightly progress report regarding the missing ISAF containers case, the Supreme Court gave 15 days to NAB and FBR to show progress.
Expressing dissatisfaction over the institutions' performance, a three-member bench, headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry, observed NAB and FBR had failed to initiate legal action against those who deprived the national exchequer of Rs 69 billion.
The CJP ordered the embezzled amount be recovered at every cost and subsequently deposited in the national kitty. He said all relevant adjudication would have been completed if a senior customs official had been deputed to oversee the matter.
NAB Deputy Prosecutor General Fauzi Kazmi said NAB was doing all it could to probe the scandal, and prayed for two months to show progress. Hearing of the case was adjourned until October 16.