Lal Masjid case: SC moved for contempt proceedings against IG, SSP
30 August, 2013
ISLAMABAD: An application is moved at the Islamabad High Court against incumbent Inspector General Islamabad police Sikandar Hayat and SSP Operations Dr Rizwan for not complying with the court order regarding registration of FIR against former president Pervez Musharraf in Lal Masjid operation case.
Former cleric of Lal Masjid, Haroon Rashid, moved an application at the IHC, stating the court on July 12 had directed police to record statement of a petitioner and register an FIR as per law if there may be a cognisable offence.
He stated that SHO Aabpara Qasim Khan Niazi had refused to comply with the court orders and made excused that he had submitted the IHC decision along with the version of petitioner before IGP for approval, but the approval had not yet been granted. "Since the IG Police was on transfer, the SHO/respondent no 1 again told that he submitted the case to the present IG Police Sikander Hayat for approval".
The applicant also said that he had submitted an application to the present incumbent, namely Sikandar Hayat through his counsel on July 23, 2013 to direct the SHO to register FIR as directed by court, but so far he had not been complied it.
He stated that the former SSP Operations Yaseen Farooq had also been transferred and Rizwan had taken over the charge; thus the present incumbents had also deliberately declined to obey the IHC's order and have committed the offence of contempt of court.
The applicant prayed that the names of present incumbents Dr Rizwan and Hayat be also included to be dealt with in accordance with law for deliberate disobedience and non compliance of order dated July 12, 2013 of this court amounting to contempt of court.