Kohistan girls' case disposed of
21 June, 2012
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Wednesday disposed of the case regarding the alleged killing of five girls in Kohistan.
The court had taken a suo motu notice after reports appeared in the media that five girls, who had clapped while two boys danced in a wedding party in Kohistan, had been killed.
A delegation comprising Munira Abbasi, MNA Bushra Gohar, women rights activist Dr Farzana Bari, and federal and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa administration officials, which had visited the village where the incident had allegedly taken place, submitted its report before the court.
Dr Fazana Bari, who wrote a separate note regarding the identity of two of the visited girls, told the court that the girls the delegation had visited resembled those shown in the video, adding that she wanted further probe into the matter.
A three-member bench of the apex court, headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, said the delegation, which included a judicial officer, had carried out an investigation, adding that if Bari found further evidence about the incident, she could send it to the court.