Pakistan News Service

Tuesday Nov 21, 2017, Rabi-al-awwal 2, 1439 Hijri
Logo Logo
LATEST :
Pakistan News Home -> Top -> News Details

Judicial Tribunal adjourns probe into Nishtar Park tragedy

01 July, 2006

  Related News  
No clue to Nishter Park, US Consulate bombings
Musharraf seeks 'more' foreign investment to overcome terrorism, extremism
  Related Articles  
Again clueless
By Amir Latif
  Related Speakout  
Who To Blame
  More on this View All

KARACHI: The proceeding of the judicial tribunal probing the Nishtar Park tragedy was adjourned till Saturday (today) as six witnesses, belonging to Pakistan Sunni Movement (PSM) who had to appear before the tribunal could not turn up to record their depositions on Friday.

Earlier, Muhammad Asif Naqshbandi, who had been injured in the blast produced the pellet, which was taken out from his body during a surgical operation at Al-Mustafa Medical Center before the tribunal.

The witness who’s detailed deposition was recorded on the other day also produced his X-ray reports and discharge certificates issued to him by Civil Hospital Karachi and Al-Mustafa Medical Center before the tribunal.

The witness told the tribunal that his surgical operations were conducted by Dr Akhtar Raja and Dr Asim Noor of Al-Mustafa Medical Center.

PSM’s counsel Javed Chattari Advocate told the tribunal that six activists of PSM who had been injured in the blast would appear before the tribunal on Saturday for deposition.

Additional Advocate General Sindh Muhammad Sarwar Khan told that the film of the tragedy telecast by a private TV channel would be shown on Saturday .

Justice Rehmat Hussain Jafari of Sindh High Court who is heading the tribunal adjourned further proceeding till Saturday (today).


  Speak Out View All
Military Courts
Imran - Qadri long march
 
Candid Corner
Exclusive by
Lt. Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)
Pakistan itself a victim of state-sponsored terrorism: Qamar Bajwa
Should You Try Napping During the Workday?
Suggested Sites