Indian troops continued ceasefire violations at LOC
05 March, 2019
Indian troops continued ceasefire violations in Nezapir, Pandu, Khanjar Munawar, Battal and Baghsar sectors along the Line of Control (LoC), said a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Monday.
“Pakistan Army troops responded effectively to Indian fire targeting Indian posts,” the ISPR said, adding that there were no casualties on the Pakistan side in the past 24 hours.
“Pakistan armed forces continue state of alert and vigilance,” the statement added.
The army’s media wing had earlier announced that there was relative calm along the LoC after a heavy cross-border firing on the nights of March 1 and 2. However, intermittent firing took place the other night in the Neza Pir, Jandrot and Baghsar sectors.
As per the military’s media wing, funeral prayers for Naik Khurram, who was martyred in Indian firing from across the LoC on Saturday, were offered in Dera Ghazi Khan.
Naik Khurram was laid to rest with full military honours for “defending the motherland”. On Sunday, Havaldar Abdur Rab, martyred in the same incident, was laid to rest. Havaldar Abdur Rab and Naik Khuram were among two of four people who died in Indian firing across the LoC on Saturday, according to the ISPR.