India not filled any complaint with UN
04 May, 2017
India has not filled any complaint with the United Nations (UN) regarding allegations that Pakistani troops killed two of its soldiers and mutilated their bodies, said a spokesman for the UN on Tuesday.
“We checked with our colleagues with UNMOGIP (UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan). We have not received any alleged cease-fire violations reports from the Indian authorities related to the latest incident that we saw yesterday,” said UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric at a regular press briefing.
The spokesman for the world body also denied a correspondent’s suggestion that the UN chief was not paying attention to the issue.
The secretary general is paying attention to this issue,” the spokesman insisted.
“We continue to reiterate the need for the parties to find a peaceful solution through engagement and dialogue. “
The Indian army had alleged on Monday that Pakistani forces fired rockets and mortars at two Indian posts across the LoC and mutilated the bodies of two soldiers on patrol. The allegation was strongly refuted by the Pakistan Army.
Local commanders of the Pakistani and Indian armies then made hotline contact on Monday night in the Rawalakot-Poonch sector along the Line of Control (LoC) in the wake of Indian allegations.
According to a statement by Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), Pakistan Army’s media affairs wing, the Pakistani local commander had told his Indian counterpart that there had been no ceasefire violation or crossing of the LoC by Pakistani troops from the Pakistan side of the border, so the mutilation of the bodies of Indian soldiers was not possible.