Pakistan News Service

Thursday Nov 27, 2014, Safar 4, 1436 Hijri
Logo Logo
LATEST :
Pakistan News Home -> Top -> News Details

Govt employee involved in sexual harassment to face disciplinary action under removal from service Ordinance-2002: Cabinet

05 October, 2006

  Related News  
Indian state ministers resign over indecent video
IMF chief held for alleged sex assault
  Related Articles  
DNA as evidence in rape cases
By Dr Shahnaz Khan
What is the solution to all Pakistani Problems? More Ministers Please!
By Ahmer Muzammil
  More on this View All

ISLAMABAD: Federal cabinet has made it clear that government will initiate immediate action if the hoarders and other elements try to increase the prices of essential commodities.

This was said by information minister Muhammad Ali Durrani in a press conference held here Wednesday after cabinet meeting.

Giving details of the meeting Durrani told that the cabinet unanimously congratulated the president Musharraf on his successful visit to US, Brussels, Havana and London and noted that visit helped improve Pakistan image besides removing the misperceptions prevailing about the country.

During the meeting with the Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh in Havana, both the leaders agreed to resume the peace talks on Kashmir issue. The foreign minister Khurshid Mahmood Kasuri briefed the cabinet about it.

The cabinet was told about the availability of essential commodities that the prices are under control and Atta is available in the open market at the rate of Rs 12.50 per kilogram. Its pries are far higher in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka than Pakistan. The prices of pulses are stable. Government has surplus stock of wheat, sugar and other goods. Government will take prompt action if any attempt is made to raise the prices of items of daily use any where.

The plan devised by the government for the development of agriculture sector was also discussed, Durrani told. The price of DAP fertilizer has been reduced by Rs 250 per bag. It will help boost the yield. Government will allow subsidy amounting to Rs 12.50 billon on fertilizers. New variety of wheat seed has been introduced.

ERRA also gave briefing on the reconstruction and rehabilitation of quake affectees on the completion of first year of October, 8 disastrous tragedy. ERRA told that 80 percent reconstruction work will be completed within three years and the remaining 20 percent will be completed within the time frame of two years. 80 percent people who were camped in tents have shifted to temporary shelters. The hospitals, schools and destroyed infrastructure is being built in a better way. The international community is making good of their pledges. No grant will be taken from IMF. ERRA will hold a conference today in this connection.

Government is disbursing aid among 6 Lakh quake affectees through banks, he said adding ERRA will provide details of every penny spent out of the assistance provided by the international donor agencies.

The information minister informed the cabinet has approved amendment in removal from service special ordinance 2002 under which action will be taken if some one tries to harass some other employee sexually.

Policy was also approved on improvement in health, sanitation and environment sectors. The cabinet also gave approval to the energy conservation policy.

The procedure for establishment of new university was also discussed. The cabinet approved the recommendations made by the Higher Education Commission in this regard. The charter of COMSATS university was also approved.

Responding to a question, he said action will be taken against the universities which fail to come up to the procedure set up by the government.

Government has not allowed to export wheat so that its prices in the country remain stable , he pointed out.

The cabinet has withheld the matter related to defaulters list of Industrial Development Bank.

To a question he said that detailed briefing about change in prices of petroleum products will be given later. However the government will bear the brunt of hike in prices.


  Speak Out View All
Imran - Qadri long march
Artilce 6 and Musharraf Trail
  Quick Vote Show Results
Question: "In view of the current situation do you think Talks with Taliban should take place only within the ambit of Article 4 of Objectives Resolution that defines our Common Purpose i.e. PM/ President down to all Pakistanis to work till we achieve the rights of Democracy, Freedom, Tolerance and Social Justice for all Pakistanis:"
Yes
No
 
Candid Corner
Exclusive by
Lt. Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)
LHC tells Sharif family to pay Rs 3.5bn mark-up on loan
Osama's killer comes forward to reveal his name
Suggested Sites