Pakistan News Service

Monday Oct 23, 2017, Safar 2, 1439 Hijri
Logo Logo
LATEST :
Pakistan News Home -> Tribune Corner -> News Details

Govt and army fulfilled their promise to the affectees of the military operation: Nawaz Sharif

01 May, 2015

  Related News  
MQM suspected terrorists got training from RAW
Census to be held in March next year
  More on this View All

MIRALI: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday said that the government and the army had fulfilled their promise to the affectees of the military operation being carried out in the North Waziristan tribal region.

Flanked by Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, the premier was addressing a press conference in the Mirali town of North Waziristan.

"It is a joyous occasion for the displaced persons, I am happy to see the return of the temporarily displaced," the premier said, addressing the press conference.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Mehtab Ahmed Abbasi, Minister for States and Frontier Regions (Safron) retired Lt-Gen Abdul Qadir Baloch and Chairperson of the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) Marvi Memon were also present on the occasion.

Nawaz Sharif said that the army had looked after the welfare of the displaced persons and had played an exemplary role in cleansing Waziristan of terrorists.

"Peace has been established in North Waziristan and the Pakistan Army deserves praise for its sacrifices made in this regard. The military played the main role in the rehabilitation of displaced persons and the situation in region has been made favourable," he said.

Lauding the military's efforts in bringing peace to the region, the premier also mentioned the deaths of five military personnel, including an officer, in Tirah valley of Khyber Agency on Thursday.

Premier Sharif said those who had to leave their homes exhibited patience and courage and would now be able to live in their homes in peace.

"We will soon meet you in your homes to where you are returning. The development of the tribal areas at a fast pace and the establishment of peace there is important for us," he said.

The prime minister announced that the displaced would be provided with a transport allowance and a cash grant on their return. He said that the government would also provide the operation's affectees with resources to reconstruct their homes.

Prizes and aid was also distributed among the returning displaced.

After the launch of the Zarb-i-Azb military operation against local and foreign terrorists, 101,788 families had left North Waziristan and 86,107 had shifted from Khyber Agency last year.

 What do you think about the story ? Leave your comments!

Heading (Optional)
Your Comments: *

Your Name:*
E-mail (Optional):
City (Optional):
Country (Optional):
 
 
Field marked(*) are mandatory.
Note. The PakTribune will publish as many comments as possible but cannot guarantee publication of all. PakTribune keeps its rights reserved to edit the comments for reasons of clarity, brevity and morality. The external links like http:// https:// etc... are not allowed for the time being to be posted inside comments to discourage spammers.

  Speak Out View All
Military Courts
Imran - Qadri long march
 
Candid Corner
Exclusive by
Lt. Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)
Pakistan itself a victim of state-sponsored terrorism: Qamar Bajwa
Should You Try Napping During the Workday?
Suggested Sites