Pakistan News Service

Wednesday Sep 17, 2014, Zul-qaadah 22, 1435 Hijri
Logo Logo
LATEST :
Pakistan News Home -> Top -> News Details

Forces start operation in Mastung, Panjgur

25 January, 2014

  Related News  
Shias refuse to bury the dead, six Levies men gunned down
Bus bombing kills 24 Shia pilgrims; 40 injured
  Related Articles  
Foreign Militancy in Balochistan
By Zaheerul Hassan
Bleeding Balochistan
By Dr Shahnaz Khan
  More on this View All

QUETTA: The law enforcement agencies on Friday launched a massive search operation against terrorists in the Mastung and Panjgur districts of Balochistan and as many as 25 suspects had been arrested so far.

The operation was launched following the directives of Federal Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan. Balochistan Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik will monitor the operation.Hundreds of Frontier Corps (FC) and police personnel are taking part in the operation while helicopters are also being used to assist the forces.

FC Inspector General Maj Gen Ijaz Shahid conducted aerial supervision of the operation.Jointly launched by the FC and Anti-Terrorist Force (ATF), the search operation was initiated from Takhta Noza. After clearing it, the security forces continued sweeping the areas, including Daringarh and Dulai till afternoon.

The forces apprehended 25 suspected persons from the Bisham area of Mastung district. Three alleged terrorists were included among the arrested. The detainees were being interrogated.

The FC and other law enforcement agencies have blocked all entry, exit routes to apprehend the terrorist elements. Meanwhile, the government has suspended the buses carrying Shia pilgrims from the volatile Balochistan province to neighbouring Iran due to security concerns after a suicide attack killed 27 pilgrims this week, officials said on Friday.

"We have temporarily suspended the movement of buses on the highway until the security situation improves," a senior official of the provincial government told Reuters. The stranded pilgrims were brought back on C-130 aircraft.

The federal government provided a special C-130 aircraft to the Balochistan government to lift the stranded pilgrims at the Taftan border. The government took this decision on the direction of Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif.

"No place is safe for us. There is no alternate road. We have to travel through this 'bloody highway´ each time we go on a pilgrimage," said Muhammad Ismail Changezi, an intending pilgrim.

End.

 What do you think about the story ? Leave your comments!

Heading (Optional)
Your Comments: *

Your Name:*
E-mail (Optional):
City (Optional):
Country (Optional):
 
 
Field marked(*) are mandatory.
Note. The PakTribune will publish as many comments as possible but cannot guarantee publication of all. PakTribune keeps its rights reserved to edit the comments for reasons of clarity, brevity and morality. The external links like http:// https:// etc... are not allowed for the time being to be posted inside comments to discourage spammers.

  Speak Out View All
Imran - Qadri long march
Artilce 6 and Musharraf Trail
  Quick Vote Show Results
Question: "In view of the current situation do you think Talks with Taliban should take place only within the ambit of Article 4 of Objectives Resolution that defines our Common Purpose i.e. PM/ President down to all Pakistanis to work till we achieve the rights of Democracy, Freedom, Tolerance and Social Justice for all Pakistanis:"
Yes
No
 
Candid Corner
Exclusive by
Lt. Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)
Sit-ins 'fruitless'; have no logical end: Hashmi
Qadri orders 'Go Nawaz Go' currency campaign
Suggested Sites