Eight armed opponents killed, 22 held separately
22 October, 2012
KABUL: Eight armed opponents were killed and 22 more held in various parts of the country, Afghan officials and ISAF said Sunday.
An interior ministry press release, available with the Afghan Islamic Press (AIP) stated combined forces conducted operations in Kabul, Kunduz, Faryab and Ghazni provinces over the past 24 hours.
Two armed opponents were killed and 12 more injured in the offensives, it added. The statement said 800 kilograms of narcotics, 11 landmines and some war gadgets were seized in the operations.
Meanwhile, a defence ministry press release said a combined force conducted operation in Kajaki district of Helmand province. Five armed opponents were killed, four injured and one more was held in the offensive, it added.
Three suspects were held in Washer district, it maintained.
The statement said 28 kilograms of explosives were seized in Baraki Barak district of Logar province. Two Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers were injured in Helmand and Zabul provinces, it added.
Meanwhile, ISAF said combined forces killed and armed opponent and arrested six more in Ghazni, Laghman and Nangarhar provinces.
The Taliban have not said anything in this regard so far.