Eat popcorn, cheese for healthy aging!
22 June, 2013
ISLAMABAD: Want to know the secret of healthy aging.
According to a research, people who eat a balanced diet, don't smoke, and exercise regularly lead longer, healthier lives. The following tips can help you focus on foods for key parts of the body that are important to healthy aging:
- Bones: String cheese is not just for the young. Add calcium to your diet by snacking on a stick of string cheese when hunger strikes.
- Muscles: For a quick and easy snack, look for a nutrition bar with added soy protein or add a packet of soy or whey protein to your favourite smoothie.
- Eyes: Punch up your intake of the eye-popping nutrients lutein and zeaxanthin by making a spinach salad with slices of oranges. Many multivitamin and mineral dietary supplements also include lutein.
- Heart: Popcorn is a great source of whole grains.
- Mind: Salmon or tuna that is canned in water or in a shelf-stable pouch can make easy and affordable meals.
A positive attitude and regular physical activity are also key to maintaining good health at any age.