China not holding talks with Baloch insurgents: FO
24 February, 2018
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Friday denied the reports that China was holding talks with Baloch insurgents to ensure security of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) projects.
During a weekly press briefing, Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Faisal said that the Chinese foreign ministry had already rejected these speculations. He said both the governments are constantly in touch and working in coordination on the CPEC security matters.
Regarding deployment of Pakistani troops to Saudi Arabia, the spokesperson said the military personnel were being sent for training purposes and not to become part of the Islamic military alliance.
Dr Faisal said during consultations between Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif and his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov, both the leaders reiterated that there was no military solution to the Afghan conflict and that a negotiated settlement through an Afghan-led and Afghan-owned peace and reconciliation process was the only viable option to bring lasting peace to the region.
Regarding the recent statement of Indian chief of army staff, the spokesperson said that India was in habit of hurling baseless allegations as part of its malicious designs against Pakistan. Dr Faisal said Indian occupation forces had killed at least eight Kashmiris, including 17-year-old Saima Wani and 55-year-old mentally-challenged Syed Habibullah, in Shopian and Budgam areas respectively. He said the miseries of the people in IHK were increasing day by day as the Indian occupation forces continued to terrorise the local population by conducting illegal house searches, damaging properties and beating the people without any provocation.