Pakistan News Service

Wednesday Sep 3, 2014, Zul-qaadah 8, 1435 Hijri
Logo Logo
LATEST :
Pakistan News Home -> Top -> News Details

Bugti killing: Shaukat Aziz points the finger at Musharraf

02 November, 2011

  Related News  
Musharraf 'free to move' as court grants bail in Bugti murder case
Bugti murder: SC rejects Musharraf's appeal to transfer case
  Related Articles  
Politics of the Corpse
By Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)
A General`s Revenge
By Irfan Saeed
  More on this View All

QUETTA: The Balochistan High Court (BHC) on Tuesday ordered that all the accused in the Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti murder case, including former president Pervez Musharraf and former prime minister Shaukat Aziz, be brought back to the country.

The order came during the hearing of the murder case of Nawab Akbar Bugti, a week after a local court issued arrest warrants for Musharraf and Shaukat Aziz. While disposing of a constitutional petition regarding the assassination of Nawab Bugti, the bench comprising BHC Chief Justice Qazi Faiz Esa and Justice Abdul Qadir Mengal directed the Foreign Affairs Ministry and FIA authorities to make arrangements to repatriate the nominated fugitives in the murder case.

A letter from Shuakat Aziz was also presented in the court in which the former prime minister said he was innocent and all powers had, at the time of Nawab Bugti's death, rested with Pervez Musharraf. He said the army was not under his control at the time.

During the hearing, CJ Esa said everyone, from the civil or military brass, with information about the murder should be included in the investigation. The division bench directed arresting all nominated accused persons who are out of the country and employing extradition treaties with countries with whom such treaties had been signed. It also directed that Interpol be engaged to arrest those residing in countries that have not signed an extradition treaty with Pakistan.

Meanwhile, chief Justice of Balochistan High Court (BHC) has directed the government to bring back former President Pervez Musharraf and others named in Akbar Bugti murder case to Pakistan through Interpol.

BHC took up the petition filed by Nawab Jamil Akbar Bugti in connection with his father, Nawab Akbar Bugti murder case for hearing Tuesday.

Chief Justice BHC Justice Qazi Faiz Essa remarked during the hearing of the case that government had signed extradition treaty with certain countries in 1972. Under article 15 of this treaty it was responsibility of federation to bring back to country former President Pervez Musharraf, former Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz, former chief minister Balochistan Jam Muhammad Yousuf, former home minister Balochistan and Shoaib Nowshervani as they are nominated in Akbar Bugti murder case.

Chief Justice BHC inquired from Deputy Attorney General (DAG) Malik Sikandar advocate Court No 6 of Judicial Magistrate had already issued arrest warrants of former President Pervez Musharraf and former Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz but no measures had been taken to arrest them.

Deputy Attorney General said he would contact federation in this regard , see the extradition treaty signed with other countries and then take steps to bring back the accused persons to Pakistan.

Earlier, the court was briefed about the content of the statements of the accused persons, including Shaukat Aziz, former Balochistan governor Owais Ahmed Ghani and former interior minister Aftab Ahmed Sherpao. All have claimed innocence with regard to Nawab Bugti's killing and held Musharraf responsible.

The court also issued a directive to obtain the minutes of federal and Balochistan cabinet meetings held at the time of the killings. Meanwhile, an investigation team of the Crimes Branch produced certified copies of the arrest warrants for Pervez Musharraf and Shaukat Aziz before the court.

APP adds: Talking to reporters after the hearing of the case, Nawabzada Jamil Bugti, son of the late Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti, said he would not give in until the murderers of his father were prosecuted.

He alleged that the government was not arresting the accused who were still at large both inside and outside Pakistan. He said he would make all out efforts and not rest until the nominated accused were tried for the murder of his father. He alleged that Dera Bugti had become a no-go area for him and his family.

End.

 What do you think about the story ? Leave your comments!

Heading (Optional)
Your Comments: *

Your Name:*
E-mail (Optional):
City (Optional):
Country (Optional):
 
 
Field marked(*) are mandatory.
Note. The PakTribune will publish as many comments as possible but cannot guarantee publication of all. PakTribune keeps its rights reserved to edit the comments for reasons of clarity, brevity and morality. The external links like http:// https:// etc... are not allowed for the time being to be posted inside comments to discourage spammers.

  Speak Out View All
Imran - Qadri long march
Artilce 6 and Musharraf Trail
  Quick Vote Show Results
Question: "In view of the current situation do you think Talks with Taliban should take place only within the ambit of Article 4 of Objectives Resolution that defines our Common Purpose i.e. PM/ President down to all Pakistanis to work till we achieve the rights of Democracy, Freedom, Tolerance and Social Justice for all Pakistanis:"
Yes
No
 
Candid Corner
Exclusive by
Lt. Col. Riaz Jafri (Retd)
Speaker Ayaz Sadiq has only 25 PTI resignations
ANP fighting for parliament, not PM: Asfandyar
Suggested Sites