Balochistan CM Baloch condemns border violations by Iran
26 November, 2013
QUETTA: Balochistan Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik Baloch has condemned border violations by Iranian forces and said the federal government has been asked to take up the issue with Iranian authorities.
He said this at a press conference at Chief Minister's Secretariat on Monday.
Earlier, women advocates from different parties announced to join National Party (NP) under the leadership of Advocate Sabira Islam. Referring to an FIR registered against Balochistan National Party chief Sardar Akthar Mengal in Khuzdar district, the chief minister said that he had sought a report in this connection.
"Sardar Akbhar Mengal and his family have rendered numerous sacrifices for Balochistan. As I received information, I sought details from the Kalat Division commissioner," he added.
To a question, he condemned the violation of Pakistani border by Iranian security forces and said that the federal government had been asked to take up the issue with Iranian authorities.
Referring to construction of highways, the chief minister said that he had complained to the prime minister about the "indifferent attitude" of National Highway Authority towards the province. He welcomed Advocate Sabira Islam and other women on joining the NP and said that this would further strengthen the party.