Altaf for action against Kirani blast culprits
18 February, 2013
KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain has demanded of the government to arrest the culprits responsible for the devastating blast on the Kirani Road in Quetta.
In a statement on Sunday, he regretted that no action was taken against the terrorists and demanded an end to the organised killings of the people of the Hazara community.
Altaf said that previously, too, no action was taken against the terrorists who had carried out the deadly blast on Alamdar Road in Quetta, despite all the assurances given by the government. More than 80 innocent people, including women and children, perished in the massive blast on Kirani Road and over 200 are still fighting for their lives in hospitals.
He said it was highly unfortunate that no action was so far taken against the terrorists who had caused devastation on such a large scale. He said that the law-enforcing agencies should move against the terrorists and flush them out of their hideouts. He expressed sympathies to the families of the people killed in the blast.
Meanwhile, talking to the MQM Coordination Committee, Hussain has asked why all the political and religious parties creating a hue and cry on the Karachi situation were silent on the killings of the people of the Hazara community in Quetta. He asked why they could not see the organised genocide of the innocent people belonging to the Hazara community.
Hussain said that a majority of the political and religious parties played politics on the Karachi situation by holding conferences and rallies, but they remained silent on the pogrom of the people of the Hazara community. He said that a tragedy was broken on the Hazara community before the Chehlum of the martyrs of the Alamdar Road incident.
The criminal silence maintained by those political and religious parties clearly indicated that they were equally responsible for the brutal killings of the innocent people.