40 fainted over eating poisonous carrot pudding
23 January, 2014
THATTA: At least 40 people including women and children reportedly fainted due to food poisoning after eating poisonous carrot pudding (Gajar Halwa).
According to reports on Wednesday, Ishfaq Memon, Abdul Khaliq, Hasan Nawaz, Imam Bux, Yaqoob, Suraiyya, Saira, Noshaba and others fainted after eating poisonous carrot pudding purchased from renowned Al-Madni Bakers of the city.
All the affected were shifted to Mukli and Civil hospital of the city.
On the other hand, police have registered case under section 7/2014 against owner of shop named Umair s/o Ayub Madni.
Police have sealed the Bakery and started further investigations.