30 anti-govt gunmen dead
04 January, 2013
KABUL: Security forces killed 30 anti-government gunmen during separate operations throughout the past 24 hours, defence ministry claimed Thursday.
The security forces launched "Naveed-100’ operation against Taliban in Nawa district of Helmand province, killing 19 armed opponents including a commander, Mulla Janan, the defence ministry said in a statement. It said a suspect was also detained during the operations.
In Kajaki district, Helmand province, security forces killed 10 gunmen and detained several more, adding a fighter was also killed and another held in Andrab district of Baghlan province. The defence ministry said a woman and three children who had been kidnapped in Andarab district were also recovered.
The statement also reported capturing four gunmen in Khost and Kandahar province.