2 killed, 8 injured in Quetta blast
09 September, 2013
QUETTA: At least two people were killed and eight others injured in a remote-controlled bomb blast in Sariab Road area on Sunday.
Police official Javed Ahmed told that unidentified persons had planted an explosive device on a cycle, parked between two trucks in Khalifa Street of Killi Bangulzai area.
They exploded the bomb using a remote control, killing two people and injuring eight others, the official said. He added around 3 to 4 kilogrammes of explosive material had been used in the blast.
Frontier Corps and police rushed to the spot after the incident and cordoned off the area. The deceased and injured were taken to the Civil Hospital. The deceased could not be identified until the filing of this report.
However, the injured included Zulfiqar, Zahid Shah, Younas Khan, Zahir Khan, Asif, Kaleemullah and Kareem Bukhsh. "Balochistan Chief Minister (CM) Dr Malik Baloch has condemned the attack and ordered the hospital administration to provide best possible treatment to the victims," said Jan Buledi, a spokesman to the CM. No group has claimed responsibility for the bombing while a case has been registered against unidentified culprits.